The Basics About Chakras
What Are Chakras?
Chakras ~ Wheels Of Light
Chakras are energy centers within the body. Chakra is the Sanskrit word meaning something akin to circles, wheels, or centers.
The word Chakras, describes the inner-connected energy centers in alignment with the spinal cord within what is called the subtle body. The subtle body is the psychic, non physical body that is superimposed upon our material body.
Each chakra governs different elements of our spiritual and physical health.. There are 7 major chakras- Crown, Brow, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral and Base.
- The 1st chakra is the root/base chakra and its color is red. The first chakra relates to survival, security, and feeling welcome in the world.
- The 2nd chakra is called the sacral chakra and its color is orange. The second chakra relates to creativity and sexuality.
- The 3rd chakra is the solar plexus and the color is yellow. The third chakra relates to personal power and decision making skills.
- The 4th chakra is the heart chakra and the color is green. The fourth chakra relates to loving others, the ability to be loved, and compassion.
- The 5th chakra is the throat chakra and its color is blue. The fifth chakra relates to communication and expression.
- The 6th chakra is the brow chakra and its color is indigo. The 6th chakra relates to pychism, intuition, dreaming, spirituality and mediumship.
- The 7th chakra is the crown chakra and the color is violet. The seventh chakra relates to divine wisdom, true understanding, and spirituality.
These are not all the chakras. We have chakras on our feet, our hands, our legs, our fingers. There are millions of places where we connect to and shine the light that is Source. These are just the major 7.
Each chakra is either open or closed. They may be active, under active, or overactive. Ideally, all the chakras are balanced.
There are several corresponding scents, gemstones, colors and other spiritual and mystical aspects to these points of light and energy. Balancing these energies can create a healthier body, mentally, emotionally and physically.
According to Eastern philosophy, blocked or negative energy can lead to emotional and physical ailments. These blocked spaces are not really blocked. They are just kind of static, not free flowing, because we are in resistance to something. It is believed that meditation on the various chakras can help the body and mind heal. It is also believed that each of the chakras is stimulated by color and fragrance. The key factor in using these tools is one's positive intentions, willingness, and desire for harmony and health.
To learn more about Chakras and how to work with them, please visit our chakra pages for more articles on the chakra system.
The metaphysical information we provide here is for entertainment purposes only. Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this page for more.
This page was last modified: September 23, 2019 04:15pm UTC