Conservation And Ecology
This page has information links to endangered species, places, and sites with general ecology and conservation information.
We tried to choose sites that did not try to scare you into helping. We found sites that were more proactive than reactive. Mother Theresa was quoted as saying something like "I will not attend your anti-war rally, but if you have a peace rally, I will be there". She understood the power of love and intention. Anti, or fighting against only creates MORE of that thing you don't want. We want to be more helping towards something not fighting against. It can create wonderful momentum and is a much smoother ride towards what we want.
If you are interested in having your special cause placed on our site, you can contact us.
We hope you will enjoy learning about some of these places and the magic that can be lost so easily. Please help to support any of the sites that you feel guided to. You can make a difference, if you choose. If you cannot help with money, but still want to help, just pass the word along to help people become more aware of your special cause. This will help immensely. You tell 2 people, and they tell 2 people, and so on....
To visit any of these conservation sites, just click on a banner, or on the text link below it. All of these links will leave Grandpa's General Store and are marked (OS) for offsite. This is true for all of the newer pages, at Grandpa's. The links will open a new tab or window.
The International Otter Survival Fund
The International Otter Survival Fund (IOSF) is one of the world's leading otter charities. In the UK IOSF is the only charity solely dedicated to the conservation, protection and care of otters based on years of scientific research in the UK and around the world.
That have lots of resources and information about otters, including an online otter game and website just for kids. You can find these through their resources tab.
The Rain Forest Trust
With every acre, we’ve grown in scale, scope and determination. We’ve already helped protect over 20 million acres around the world and have millions of acres in the pipeline.
Forests for Monarchs
Forests for Monarchs (OS)
Forests for Monarchs is dedicated to protecting the monarch butterfly and other endemic species by reforesting the land surrounding the Monarch Butterfly Biosphere Reserve, and to promote sustainable forest management among the local landowners for their economic benefit and forest conservation.
American Rivers (OS)
American Rivers protects wild rivers, restores damaged rivers and conserves clean water for people and nature.
Center for Biological Diversity
At the Center for Biological Diversity, we believe the welfare of human beings is deeply linked to nature to the existence in our world of a vast diversity of wild animals and plants. Because diversity has intrinsic value, and because its loss impoverishes society, we work to secure a future for all species, great and small, hovering on the brink of extinction. We do so through science, law, and creative media, with a focus on protecting the lands, waters, and climate that species need to survive. We want those who come after us to inherit a world where the wild is still alive.
The Galapagos Conservancy
Galapagos Conservancy's mission is to advance and support the conservation of the unique biodiversity and ecosystems of the Galapagos Islands.
Galapagos Conservancy is the only U.S.-based organization wholly dedicated to the conservation of the Galapagos Islands. For more than 25 years, Galapagos Conservancy has been a bridge connecting people across the globe to conservation efforts taking place in these extraordinary islands.
FWS Wildlife Without Borders-Mexico
The US Fish And Wildlife Service has a conservation site dedicated to:
• Managing for Excellence: Supporting short-term training courses with on-the-ground applicability for Mexican government personnel that strengthen the management and conservation of natural protected areas, while addressing key threats to species.
• Wildlife Watch: Supporting projects to improve the capacity of Mexican government agencies and local communities to protect biodiversity from illegal trade and overexploitation.
• Stewards of the Land: Supporting projects that link sound management practices to economic alternatives for rural and indigenous communities, while reducing threats to biodiversity conservation.
• Species and Spaces: Supporting projects that promote the reintroduction, recovery, and conservation efforts of binational species including the California condor, jaguar, black-tailed prairie dog, Mexican wolf, and pronghorn.
• Voices for Nature: Supporting projects that increase the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of all Mexican citizens towards biodiversity and ecosystems, while promoting behavioral changes and values required to conserve and sustainably use resources.
The information we provide here is for entertainment purposes only. Please read the disclaimer at the bottom of this page for more.
This page was last modified: September 23, 2019 04:15pm UTC