INNER AND OUTER WORK
THAT WE EACH CAN DO DURING THE CURRENT CRISIS
©2001 Gordon Davidson and Corinne McLaughlin
I. INNER MEDITATIVE WORK
• Begin by aligning with your higher self or soul.
• Align with the soul or higher purpose of America.
• Focus upwards the invocative cry of humanity to God for help and understanding and for healing.
• See this invocation connecting with spiritual sources of Light, Love and Power, then linking with the Will of God.
• Recognize a higher purpose outworking through this crisis, awakening humanity to the Divinity and value within all life.
• See the astral (emotional) plane calming and stabilizing with light, love and peace shining through it, so that fear and anger may be transformed.
• Open your heart to the human suffering from this attack, but also from the daily violence being suffered by many people in countries worldwide.
• Send healing energy to the victims of the attack and their families, as well as to the heroic rescue and medical workers.
• Visualize a flow of loving wisdom to humanity, as people around the world unite together and learn the deeper lessons from this tragedy.
• See Americans recognizing the rights and destinies of all people in the world, and overcoming tendencies towards separateness, isolation and chauvinism.
• Visualize Americans being guided by justice rather than revenge in their response to this attack, avoiding racial and religious bigotry and stereotyping.
• Hold our leaders in the light, so that they may align with their highest selves and make decisions for the greatest good of humanity.
• Visualize protection for the President, Congress and all branches of government.
• Close with the Prayer for Our Nation and/or The Great Invocation (see attached).
II. OUTER PRACTICAL WORK
1. Watch or read the news with a new lens, reflecting on deeper questions:
a) Examine the inner, spiritual forces at work behind this crisis.
b) Note symbolism in the event.
c) Observe the spiritual lessons being learned:
• understand the meaning of the event by identifying with the participants.
• develop compassion and love for humanity.
• see how the event serves a larger purpose in human evolution.
• research the history and karma of the situation; seek to understand the deeper causes and longer cycles that have created this event.
2. Write, call or email your Congressperson and let him/her know your views about an appropriate response to this crisis.
3. Call in to talk shows, write articles, emails or letters to the editor - help shape public opinion by providing a compassionate and wiser understanding of what has occurred, helping others resist the desire for revenge, while promoting compassion and justice through international law.
4. Convene a citizen dialogue group and listen deeply and carefully to how different people are responding to this crisis. Ask the question, Why are people around the world so angry at the United States.?
• Refuse to become entrenched in a polarized position, yet stand for principles.
• Work to find common ground.
• Find the grain of truth, the positive intent in each position.
• Use a whole systems approach -- see how all issues are interconnected with other factors.
• Explore the deeper causes, to create lasting, more effective solutions.
• Include ethics and values in all discussions.
• Build a higher synthesis of the wisest of all views.
5. Do one thing that symbolizes your commitment to humanity -- join or contribute money or time to an organization that is effectively creating alternatives to retribution and war; volunteer your time to help the victims; donate blood, etc.
Focus on the positive and the best in humanity - Give attention, energy and support to everything that promotes greater harmony, compassion and justice in the world.
Please copy and circulate to your friends and colleagues.
Adapted from Spiritual Politics: Changing the World From the Inside Out by Gordon Davidson and Corinne McLaughlin, Ballantine Books, 1994.
For information: The Center for Visionary Leadership, 3408 Wisconsin Ave. NW Suite 200, Washington, D.C. 20016; (202) 237-2800; firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.visionarylead.org
INVOCATION OF THE SOUL OF AMERICA
May we as a nation be guided by the Divine to rediscover the sacred flame of our national heritage, which so many have given their lives to safeguard;
Let the wounds of separation and division be healed by opening our hearts to listen to the truth on all sides, allowing us to find a higher truth that includes us all;
May we learn to honor and enjoy our diversity and differences as a people, even as we more deeply touch our fundamental unity;
May we, as a people, undergo a transformation that will draw forth soul-inspired leaders who embody courage, compassion and a higher vision;
May our leaders inspire us, and we so inspire each other with our potential as a nation, that a new spirit of forgiveness, caring and honesty be born in our nation;
May we, as a united people, move with clear, directed purpose to take our place within the community of nations to help build a better future for all humankind and all life;
May we as a nation rededicate ourselves to truly living as one nation, one humanity, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all;
And may God's Will be done for the United States, as we, the people, align with that Will.
The Center for Visionary Leadership -3408 Wisconsin Ave. NW Suite 200
Washington, D.C. 20016 (202) 237-2800 email: email@example.com
THE GREAT INVOCATION
From the point of Light within the Mind of God
Let light stream forth into the minds of men*.
Let Light descend on Earth.
From the point of Love within the Heart of God
Let love stream forth into the hearts of men.
May Christ** return to Earth.
From the center where the will of God is known
Let purpose guide the little wills of men
The purpose which the Masters know and serve.
From the center which we call the race of men
Let the Plan of Love and Light work out
And may it seal the door where evil dwells.
Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth.
*Can be changed to be gender inclusive, e.g. "Let light stream forth into human minds."
**Also known as the Coming One, the Messiah by Jews, the Iman Mahdi by Muslims, Krishna by Hindus, Maitreya by Buddhists, etc.
The Center for Visionary Leadership
3408 Wisconsin Avenue, NW Suite 200
Washington, DC 20016
(202)237-2800, Fax: (202)237-1399
Graphic Design© Webster's Fantasy 2001
Pentacle©Robin Wood 1997
Used with Permission
INNER AND OUTER WORK THAT WE EACH CAN DO DURING THE CURRENT CRISIS
©2001 Gordon Davidson and Corinne McLaughlin
Thanks to the people of CVLfor bringing us the Article!
Looking for something? To search Grandpa's, just enter any keywords then click search!
The following article is brought to you in hopes that you may find a little peace, a little comfort, and a little empowerment, in all that has taken place and in the aftermath of the WTC, Pennsylvania, & Pentagon air crashes of September 11, 2001. The article uses the term "God", but this is easily adjusted to any higher power, for any positive spiritual path.
The article is also timely, but the information could be easily be adjusted to many other situations.
A big Thank You, to Gordon Davidson and Corinne McLaughlin, for allowing us to bring this to you!